Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Many-Faceted Life of Lavender: Seasonal Allergies

 

A few Springs ago we made a trip to South Georgia to visit family. Now, being a resident of the Memphis, Tennessee area I am well acquainted with seasonal allergies; but nothing had prepared me for the sneezing, itchy eyes, and total discomfort of the allergy season I encountered there. Nothing at all!

As a reflexologist, I know the value of reflexology for helping to relieve allergy symptoms. Alas, I did not have one available to me. Young Living Essentials Oils, however, are also a big part of my life. Of course, I had a goody bag full of these with me. I had heard others say that lavender on the back of the neck just above the hairline often often provided them great relief. Guess what? I tried it! It worked!! And I used it ALOT!!!

Lavender is often nicknamed the "Swiss Army Knife" of essential oils, because of its many-faceted benefits. I had often used a drop or two on my pillow as a sleep aid. I knew its potential effectiveness for helping to heal burns and skin irritations (diluted please). The benefits list goes on and on.

With Spring a great time of renewal we expect the pollens in the air. A bottle of lavender in your medicine cabinet (or better yet, in your purse or backpack) may be a perfect natural choice for you. If you would like to learn more about lavender essential oil, please leave a message here on the blog. I would love to share more.

To learn more about Young Living Essential Oils, please visit this link.

Just as an afterword here, I've also planted some lavender in my herb garden. Looking forward to some lovely fragrant flowers later this summer.

No comments: